The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's "New Deal" was formed in 1933 and lasted until 1942. The National Association of Civilian Conservation Corps Alumni (NACCCA), Chapter 123, was chartered on 1 November, 1985, at what is now the Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge. The sub-camp known as Broadview is located at the center. The main camp of Company 1816/ SP-31-T was located on Peninsula Club Circle. Only rocks and rubble at the site of the flagpole were found.
On 30 May, 2015, at the site of the camp, a dedication of a spectacular memorial was dedicated honoring the men of the Civilian Conservation Corps and Company 1816. The effort could not have been accomplished without the help and leadership of the CCC Legacy "Cowtown" Fort Worth Chapter 123, the Lake Worth Centennial Committee, City of Fort Worth and friends and residents of Peninsula Club Circle.
In 2007 a merge began of the Camp Roosevelt Foundation, an NACCCA to form what is now the Civilian Conservation Corps Legacy Inc. In May of 2009, the bylaws were approved by the membership and the only chapter to register in the "Great State" of Texas as a CCC Legacy chapter, was our own, CCC Legacy "Cowtown" Fort Worth Chapter 123. Come join the family, enjoy the fellowship, the food, and the stories.